Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
...the customer doesn't even know what they want. They usually think they do; but they don't. Of course, that's really more of a rumination on the state of Humanity in general, though; rather than simply being a customer issue.

HOWEVER, when you work with the public, that complete lack of self-awareness (whether it is a purposeful affectation or not) becomes so glaringly apparent because <whatever place of business you are working in> is a standalone microcosm of the human species.

Most people really think they know a thing or two. Some may; but the ones who may actually know something are the same ones that know they do not!

People are fascinating. I like to watch how they move about in the world and I really like it when they get to talking so I can see how their minds work. Even the pains-in-the-asses can be just absolutely delightful to observe in the right framework. I honestly miss working with the public.
So true.

In my line of work,you have to be very observant with each and every customer.Watch how they approach you and strike up a conversation.It usually takes me no more than a few seconds to figure out the mood their in and if they are there to buy something or tell me their life story.If they are my regular customers,I will give them a minute of chit chat because I know they eventually buy.I deal with all types of people and I treat them as they treat me..and it's so much fun when they hand over the green.

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post: