How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

I've been reading James McBride's autobiography (an memoir and tribute to his white Jewish mother). I bought this book a few years ago and kept it because of the many subjects of interest (poverty, accounts of inherent racism and discrimination, and the re-telling of his mother's painful life experiences, well hidden social taboos, within her own small family and how those experiences shaped her life in very painful ways...). I like how McBride alternates between things he discovered late in life about his mother to how his mother's life impacts affected his life and the lives of his siblings, which helps the reader to learn more about social impacts affecting those whose life might parallel in similar ways.

It's a very good book and may well be considered a timeless classic, over the years to come.
I read this and I loved it!