View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
All right SPA. I am single.

bonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputation
Default fromance? or ????

I have been thinking of the strong attraction that many butches have to the term "bromance," and the strong (obsessed?), unique (querky?) friendships that butches have that fall under this heading.

Girls/women/females/ladypeople are known for their friendships with other Girls/women/females/ladypeople of course, but I haven't heard a term equivalent to "bromance" referring to the strong (obsessed?), unique (querky?) friendships between femmes.

Because I love words, I started playing around with possibilities...starting with the combined ideas of "sister" and "romance" as lateral to the ideas of "brother" and "romance" embedded in the term bromance. I came up with
1) sistahmance
2) sistomance
3) sismance
4) stromance (kinda a stretch)
5) sistmance

I basically thought, "blech," about these choices. None of them flow off the tongue like bromance. So then I thought about fromance, "F" for femme, plus the romance.....It flows.

Well then, beyond a simple word....do we have "fromances?" How are they similar or different from bromances? How is a fromance different from a girl-friendship with a girl/woman/female/ladyperson who is not a femme? How do fromances nurture us? Are fromances ever difficult? Painful?

Just curious about you all, no right or wrongs...what say you???

bonne
bonne-maman is offline   Reply With Quote