Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I worked in the hospitality industry for many, many years. I would pay good money that Sarah is like that all the time. I would NEVER have said that to a customer, even if I truly felt that way. How rude!

In addition to your praise for Stephanie, which I would offer plenty of, I would mention something about Sarah. Maybe just like you did here in the time line, that the charger was found the day you spoke to Sarah but no one contacted you, etc.

A problem can't be resolved without attention to the issue. Stephanie would not have mentioned previous issues with staff to a customer...another no no....unless she were personally frustrated with Sarah's behavior and the lack of consequence for it. I get that. I've been there too.

For the record, unless the cleaning staff is being charged with cleaning a ridiculous number of rooms and they are just rushing and doing bare bones cleaning, the charger was found and stored in lost and found the day you checked out.

If you truly, truly appreciate Stephanie, you'll do an online review in addition to your email to the hotel and specifically mention her. Lots of businesses now put pressure on employees to garner online feedback, given how social media driven the world is now.

I'm glad someone found the charger and you'll be able to pick it up soon.

I agree as to mentioning the praise and the not-so-good. The bottom line is nothing will change unless someone speaks about it. I wrestled with the idea because I would not want someone to lose their job. Then I thought, is she really doing her job as it should be done? Clearly, in this instance the answer is no.

An add on to this whole "saga"- I went to pick it up yesterday and they handed me something that was not My girl's charger. Then proceeded to bring another- which again was not the right one. They sent Sarah a text and she came back with, "I have no idea what you are talking about" answer. The maid that actually found the charger and gave it to Sarah was there yesterday as well. She confirmed the whole "giving the thing over to her".

So, I said at this point either she gave the charger to someone or took it herself. I then said- I would like to be reimbursed for the charger. No more looking, or guessing, or asking Sarah. The maid did her job. Stephanie did her job. Sarah, did not.

The maid got on the phone and called her manager and explained the situation. I was then reimbursed for My girl's charger. (which she will get Labor Day weekend).

Also, the email that was provided originally to give feedback to the maid said that would just come back to the front desk there- and Sarah would be able to delete it. She then gave me the direct email to her Manager.

I asked the maid to write down her name so that I could include her in the "good side" of the email.

This cost nothing more than frustration really. However, as I said above change will not happen without speaking up.

Thanks for the advice Gemme. I appreciate it.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post: