View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
If I were not already partnered, the prospects of dating here in Arkansas would be abysmal, not because there aren't a ton of Lesbians here but more because many of the Lesbians here don't fall into the "Butch as Identity" category. (my primary desire)

It was difficult to meet people even at the Lesbian club in Little Rock because my appearance drew a lot of suspicion with folks who didn't understand that skirt and makeup didn't mean "straight woman has entered the wrong club".

The thing I have found is that when the local Lesbos figure out that I am "safe" (partnered), they tend to be much more friendly. I've made a lot of good friends but we are pretty spread out so it takes a little effort to get together. Most of my closest friends can be found here on this site

Medusa, your post just was exactly what I needed to hear....NOT! LOL No, seriously, I kinda knew that when I moved here from south FL, it was going to be a much different feel for me. I had a large network of lesbian friends, in the Recovery area (we had a couple of large lesbian AA meetings there), in the leather community, and a much more OPEN attitude. I was partnered with a butch woman, and though I wasn't involved with a specific b/f social group, there were plenty of couples who fit that dynamic.

When I had decided to move here, my sponsor encouraged me to come and "find my tribe", in other words to put myself out there to find other lesbians. I mean, I do have my bio family here, my kids and grandkids. I have people that I have gotten to know in the recovery life. My family, my recovery, my work, all seem to keep me busy and keeps my focus away from the fact that once again I am single (and NOT liking it!)

Frankly, the whole idea of dating, of putting myself "out there" is intimidating. There is such a self-perceived notion that "everyone is staying in the closet" or "everyone is already partnered" or no one would accept me or want me because "_______(age,size,age,past,age, etc)" LOL

So what i think I want to do is just hopefully just make friends. Friends to hang with, to go to movies with, to dinner, to go fishing with, things like that. If something ever comes from that, that would be wonderful, but in the meantime I won't have felt that lonely sick "OMG I will die ALONE" tape that plays in my head sometimes!

When I met my last gf, and we were spending that lovely "getting to know you" time, it was wonderful! I wonder if I will feel and experience that again.
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post: