Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #7976
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

You can use rubber bands too, although covered bands or an elastic loop might be more comfortable.

This is the most simple video I've found and very adaptable to anyone's situation. The one thing I would change is sliding in a cut piece of filter, be it batting or an actual piece cut from a HEPA vacuum filter, but that's also super easy to do and requires no sewing. These masks are washable so you can change up the materials and patterns to bring a teensy bit of joy to a generally joyless situation.

On a related note, I saw a gentleman at Walmart that gets points for creativity. He used one of his wife's cloth headbands. It had scrunched elastic at the back and was wide enough at the crown that it covered his nose and mouth. Inspired, I went to the hair care aisle and found one that works for me and is a dark gray snake skin pattern.

Job Lot is also giving away free large cotton napkins so people can make their own masks.

For work, I've ordered black masks that are going to make me look like the winter solider when I wear them.

I found one here but I feel drawn to the one of the giraffe riding the shark. Not sure what that's saying but I'm listening.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: