Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie14 View Post
I eat a lot of peanuts... I wonder if it has to be peanut butter? I will look it up.. thanks for the tip!
Interesting....I did a little searching and did find several references to studies showing that natural peanut butter did reduce triglycerides. Awesome! Of course, that probably means to stay away from the peanut butter that's loaded with yucky fats and sugars...luckily I head towards the natural, organic version for my son anyway!

I also found this interesting article about triglyceride lowering foods....
http://www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/...e&clicked=true

specifically, it recommends....
Increase omega-3 fats in your diet. Eat fatty fish, such as salmon, sardines or light tuna at least twice a week. Also include walnuts, flaxseed oil, flax meal and dark leafy greens for vegetarian sources of omega-3. Other healthy fats include avocados, olive and canola oil, olives, nuts, seeds and natural peanut butter.

That sounds sensible to me.