View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #65
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I can't believe how I blanked this out through this whole thread, but when I was living with someone who had a kid, we were invited to an adult-only wedding.

It was two gay guys getting married, one of whom, ironically, has a kid who was a teenager then (and is now just starting college, and I'm mentoring him and helped them through the registration process).

Anyway, we got invited to this adult-only wedding, and since we had no childcare options, we didn't go.

I regret not having gone by myself, and more than that, I regret having told the friend why we couldn't go, because he felt guilted into making an exception (not what I wanted), which we declined.

It can be so awkward, life. I really like being home alone. It feels so soothing. And these dilemmas we're talking about aren't trite. They bring up all kinds of cultural, social, class issues.