Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #269
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Jo -

Before you drive your kid nuts with the fruits and veggies, buy that book I suggested to you (heh). It will tell you exactly what fruits/veggies to feed him to keep him healthy. That book is the way EVERYONE should eat, not just those fighting cancer/people who don't want a recurrence.

Anyway.....

The constant changing tides must be making you crazy. :-(

All I can say about the Avastin is that they are trying to extend her life. It is the newest drug out there and seems to be able to give people a bit more time. There really isn't anything else that works to the same degree that one does for colon cancer.

Hang in there Jo, and keep posting.

P.S. Do you think if you took a few days off to fly up there to see her that you would feel better?
I finally got the book ordered ....thank you for the nudge and reminder. My brain is mush these days.

So.....the next U-turn....Mom lasted one night out of the hospital and is back in today, following massive vomiting, getting tangled in lines, disoriented, panicking, and her caregivers unable to switch things up properly.

Nightmare.

They are checking back into the hospital as we speak. My sister is getting harassed by Mom's friends to basically toss her life in the air and go move up there to care for Mom (which wouldn't work and won't happen), and now I'm questioning how well she'd do down here given what just happened.

The care coordinator is talking to the doctors, and she may end up in either a rehab care type setting or a sub acute setting (thanks Tommi....I actually knew what they were talking about!)

We'll know more later...in the meantime, I'm back on conference calls, dentist appointment this afternoon, and debating about whether I should just say hell with it and fly out. I can't afford it if she's going to be coming down here soon....but if she isn't, then I feel like I need to figure out a way to get up there with my son.

Ugh.