View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 06:57 AM   #865
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when after work on Friday or maybe out during your errands on Saturday you'd swing by a brick and mortar video store and make your selection of what movie or movies you'd watch.

My last retail job was managing a mom and pop video store on Milwaukee's Eastside. It was a movie buff's paradise! We carried every genre of movies, foreign films in both subtitled and dubbed. The store was unique to say the least! Patrons interacted with each other. Often times giving suggestions of what to or perhaps what not to rent. There was a section of employee picks. The rental clerks were very approachable and knowledgeable, especially when you were trying to recall a certain film.

While modern technology is wonderful in the way it lets us view movies now, to say nothing of the money some save from late fees and rewind fees, I must admit I miss the camaraderie and atmosphere of the old brick and mortar days.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: