Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I guess I'm lucky, I've been self-employed since 1989. I did go to work full-time for one of my clients for about 10 years but I still maintained my other clients on the side. I was working full-time for said client in 2005 when I had to have a neck and back surgery. Chuckles, they hired a 60+ yr old dude to "handle" my position while I was out on sick leave, but we all knew he was my replacement. I had to laugh when said dude cost the company over $150,000 buying computer equipment that was not needed because he corrupted the operating system on an AS400 and did not know how to reinstall it (said he worked for IBM for 20+ years and was a programmer/systems analyst like me, it took one phone call with him to figure out the man lied about his abilities so I told said client I would not help them in any way cuz that man was going to mess up their system and boy did he ever, lol) coughs, so 6 months after I had my back surgery they asked me to come back full-time to which I told them I didn't need their stinking ass job as I was making a comfortable living being self-employed and didn't have to handle the stress of the parent company plus the 6 branch locations (I was the MIS Director). So I'm still self-employed and making a good living at it.

Sorry to hear of everyone's troubles with employment. It does suck out there!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post: