Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I bought another book, while I was out on errands this afternoon....

The Orphan of Salt Winds (Elizabeth Brooks, who lives on the Isle of Man; published by Tin Books, Portland Oregon & Brooklyn, NY, 2019).

It was a Powell's staff pick... From the inside of the book:

Quote:
The winds and tides remember, as do the birds, and the shrimps, and the sand worms, and the whispering reeds, and the grasses, and the lichens, and every single stone in the old seawall. I know they remember, because they passed the story on to me ---a stranger---just as I have passed it on to you.

I can't make promises. I can only ask you to watch and listen and lift your face to the wind from time to time, in case it's carrying the scent of ancient magic.

One night, you will sense something -- glitter on black water, perhaps, or the snapping of a sail in an empty sea, or the call of a curlew -- and you will know that the time has come. ~ "Call of the Curlew," by J. Friedmann.

So now I've got two books to read in my spare time (one fiction, one non-fiction).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: