fiercegrrl
In Memory Of

How Do You Identify?:
fierce femme grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful, pumpkin, princess, sweet pea, babygirl
Relationship Status:
i don't think it's in the stars for me.

fiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I think the problem is fear. Alot of people just don't know what to say or do around those who have cancer. You get alot of talk, but no action. Some well-meaning people really do want to do something but are so afraid. The cancer scares them. It changes everything about your life.

I did receive a note from Fiercefemme. The news is not good. She has a rare form of cancer. It has spread. She is starting on chemo. She asks for everyone to pray for her, and her family. I told her I would pass the word on.

I wish everyone peace.

Namaste,
Andrew
hi to anyone following this thread.
i do have a rare cancer in that i shouldn't be affected with it for a good 40 years from now. i have a form of ovarian cancer that usually affect women in their 40s-60s. my doctor is baffled as to why i, at 26, have ended up with it.
i am incredibly lucky though and there was an angel in the form of a GYN i saw at sliding scale clinich (that mostly works with the LGBTQ community) who called in favors and got me a fantastic doctor and my medical care is being covered (i am uninsured). i owe her thank yous every day.
because if much time had to had been taken to find health care all of the 100's of small tumors that are on the surfaces of my small.large intestine, colon, and diaphram they would be IN those organs and i probably wouldn't have much hope for recovery much less survival. but i'm lucky and they are still on surfaces so i'm trying to focus on that.
and my doctor thinks that since i and young and otherwise healthy that i will fight this. i just might have to fight it many time over my life span.
not what i asked for from life. but i don't have many options but to be fierce and deal with it.

-nicole