How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My little sister got into a bad habit of flipping the bird when she was 3 years old. (It wasnt me! I had brothers!!)

Well, imagine all of our horror when she flipped the bird to our youth minister at church one Sunday!

My step-mom was in the hospital at the time with a severe issue and had already been gone for about a month and was scheduled to be gone for another few weeks so my step-sister and I devised a plan to get baby sis to stop flipping the bird before the step-mom got home from the hospital.

Step-sister and I would "play fight" with one another and instead of flipping each other the bird, we would put our index finger and thumb together in an "ok" sign and then hiss and "Ooooooooh" at one another as if it was the WORST thing that could ever happen in the history of humankind!

Eventually, baby sis caught on that the "ok" sign was so much worse than flipping the bird that she started making the "ok" sign instead of the bird whenever she was mad. So basically she thought she was doing something really bad and commenced giving the "ok" sign to anyone who would look. This went on for a few years and people would often look at her like she was nuts but at least there were no explanations required about why a 3-year-old was flipping the bird.

Don't know if that counts as a lie but it sure worked
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: