Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 AM   #47
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Hello

Hi everyone

I've just been nudged in the direction of this thread by lusciouskiwi so thank you so much for that. I fully intended to introduce myself before making my first post but I got a little sidetracked by some amazing photos in here...loving this place already.

I'm Val and I'm 39 years old. I live in the UK with my cat in a country cottage, close to a city. I'm a therapist with children in foster care who have the kind of life stories that sometimes give me nightmares. The children work so hard at recovering and they impress me every single day. I'm also studying for a masters degree.

I'm recently separated from my civil partner and not too sure about what to do with my femme lesbian identity after this loss. After 6 years together we had created the kind of comfortable bubble that couples do, so being on my own is both refreshing and a little scary. But we both knew it was time to part and mostly I'm ok with that.

I love music, every kind of music and especially when it's played live. I will go to any old gig just to experience the specialness of hearing the noise and being around music makers and lovers. I've played in a women's drumming band, orchestras and a rock band. I love it all and there is something so thrilling yet secure about being in a song or piece of music with other people.

I appreciate conversation about anything and everything, life, relationships, politics, tv programmes, gardening, vegan food, work, whatever. I find people, all kinds of people, completely intriguing but like most I can be shy to begin with.

I'm here because I believe butch/femme dynamics are special and exciting and need to be nurtured. Thank god places like this exist. I'm looking forward to making some friends just as soon as I've figured out how to work the messages and smilies and all the other features on here. Oh, and drag myself away from those amazing photos too.

So, hopefully see you around!

Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post: