Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #50
Sarafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married but confused

Sarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Sara and I just joined this forum tonight. I'm 35 years old and from the Midwest USA. I work at a public library and also as a freelance writer. I am currently married to a bio-man (for almost 7 years; no kids), but have recently come out to myself as at the very least bisexual (and more probably lesbian), and ID as a 'femme'. It has taken me my entire life of always feeling 'different' in some way and yet being scared to death of that difference to get to this point. I'm still scared, to be honest.

So, joining this forum is a big step for me. I don't know what my future holds. I still love my husband, but we are very incompatible in a variety of ways, apart from me finally admitting to myself that my feelings for women have always been stronger. I have gone through emotional and verbal abuse due to his immaturity and lack of empathy and self-absorption (and childish temper outbursts). He is 40 years old, so I highly doubt this behavior is going to change. I feel like I deserve more. I also feel like I deserve to acknowledge the person I truly am, rather than the person I tried to turn myself into in order to finally 'fit in.'

All of this said, I hope to make some friends on this forum; I've been reading threads and you all seem so insightful and interesting. I have a lot to learn and am anxious to finally begin this process of self-discovery.
Sarafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sarafemme For This Useful Post: