How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by odd_boi_out View Post
Hi everyone! So, I joined here about a year ago, lurked for a while, forgot about this place, and then re-found it again today. Figured it's high time to introduce myself, so here goes:

My name is Liam, and I'm a trans-masculine person in my mid-twenties living in California. I've identified as a lot of things over the last ten years or so, from lesbian to butch to genderqueer to FTM, and just when I thought I had it all figured out, now I'm finding that calling myself genderqueer or TG butch seems to fit better. I'm not super comfortable talking about this in the trans-specific online spaces that I frequent, as I fear that any expression of this shift in my identity would be interpreted as regret or a desire to detransition, which is not how I feel at all. So I appreciate this space, which appears to have people with a variety of different identities represented, accepted, and engaged in dialogue.

Other things about me: I love hiking, backpacking, and just being out in nature. I also really enjoy swimming, reading, and singing. I'm extremely introverted, and quite shy, especially at first. I'm currently finishing up a masters degree in social work, which keeps me extremely busy, but I love it. That's all for now; hope to get to know some of you a bit more later.

Welcome to the site! As you explore the threads, I think you'll find several posts related to the journey many people have taken in terms of their identity. I identify as queer (femme), as I feel it more aptly identifies my sexuality and identity - none of the other labels seem to quite fit for the last several years, although at one time or another I identified as bisexual, lesbian, dyke. I hope you'll feel comfortable enough here to share your experiences - you fit right in!

Welcome again, and enjoy!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post: