View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #18
Violette

How Do You Identify?:
woman

Violette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST Reputation

I really like what Sparkle wrote! I try to do this as well. I think it is so important to acknowledge what you said was hurtful, if, indeed, you were the one doing the hurting. I am pretty sure it is safe to say we have all been on both ends of this.

I am really coming to the conclusion that everyone says mean things sometimes. It doesn't make them, or me, a bad person. It just makes us all human. That is why we have words to express our sorrow about our human moments.

I also know that sometimes I take things to mean something different then what was intended because I come to each and every interaction with someone with my own history of experiences. And sometimes this history flavours the way I (we) hear things. And you know what? That is valid too! You being hurt by what someone else said, especially if what was said wasn't meant to be hurtful, is just another opportunity for you to heal. Of course, one needs to be aware of this in order for it to be a healthy opportunity to grow. Otherwise it can just be one big hurtful mess.

I will never give up on the idea that people have a boundless capacity to grow.
Violette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post: