Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post

My Pops who visits Canada regularly and has visited the US says that the bacon here is different too. My aunt in who's lived in Canada for nigh on 50yrs also concurs. They both agree that Brit bacon is better and now you agree too...it has to be true! I've never visited North America so can't give a personal opinion. I had no idea that our eggs may be better too.

You've lived here apocalipstic? Or come from here and emigrated?

Bubble and squeak is a fried up mixture of left over mash potato and cabbage (most usually but other left overs can be used too)...I like to use sprouts instead of cabbage. It's thoroughly delicious with bacon or left over roast meat.

Un-Mrs.I likes Pimms but after last summer's exploits with Pimms I will never ever drink the foul stuff again Do you get Pimms over there?

Despite shopping in Marks and Sparks regularly I don't know what Percy Pigs are.

Aye we do have some odd flavour crisps here too...did you ever see Hedgehog flavour? Seabrooks crisps are my favourite and the King of Crisp...some would disagree though. How about you Merlin? Seabrooks, Walkers, Kettle or own brand crisps?

Hah! Do Americans really think that tea is that old fashioned sort of twee-tea thing? Tea can be posh, very posh, with cake stands, doilies, china cups and saucers but probably only at the Connaught or the Savoy or similar 'posh' (read v.expensive) establishments. However a real persons less posh tea is a butty, a cake/biscuit and a mug o'tea.
I visit usually once or more a year, but London only so far for work and one vacation. I hope to make it to the rest of the UK one day soon! NOT during the Olympics!

Had lovely tea at the National Portrait Gallery doilies and all!

I like the shortbread!!!

Percy Pigs are like wine gums but no wine and shaped like pigs....so yummy...will see if I can find photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Where did you live Sparkle. You'll find that folks like Merlin and myself will speak slightly differently to folks in London. Not only are our accents different but also regional differences and idioms come into play too.

If you check out the link I posted for brit food you'll find plenty of Marks and Sparks food there.

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatal...d_Spencer.html
Ohhhhhhhhhh yeay! Thank you for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
All you blood sausage haters don't know what you're missing Never saw it as a British-only thing, though. We have it French Canada and Atlantic Canada as well, and it's common to eat it all over Europe.

I really like white pudding best, though. Tastes even better
Should I be afraid to ask what white pudding is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Prawn cocktail walkers crisps. Loved them since being a kid.

Prefer spains selection of crisps. Better than england.

You guys like our Royal family ? Watch the wedding ? What did you think ?
I love following the Royal Family, though I slept through this weeding. I did watch the Princess Dianna one though. What do you all think of Cammilla? (sp?)

Of and the rhyming thing in London, yes hard to follow, but always very clever!