Old 11-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I appreciate the passionate people in our community and I do appreciate everyone's beliefs. Of course I have been persuaded to change my mind on a topic or belief. I am one however not to go with the crowd or jump on the bandwagon. I think a lot of our beliefs come from what we were taught growing up and what we learn. I can definitely appreciate people who challenge that way of thinking and look outside the box they may have been put into as a child. I like to do research and gain insight on subjects I am interested in. I like facts. I also like opinions if they got some punch behind them and are well thought out and make sense. In that case I enjoy an argument all day. What I don't appreciate is people belittling others, acting like their way is the only way. People who turn others off just because they are stuck in their ways. Also, people who tell someone to shut up or go away since their opinions differ. That is disrespectful and obviously immature. I will interact with those that are respectful and want to know my opinion on a subject. I also don't like that just because someone may have a different opinion about something automatically they are hated or labeled and basically shouldn't have an opinion about anything since they don't agree with someone. I don't like personal attacks. I'd rather hear about the subject and why you think someone is wrong and you are right not only why they are wrong about their beliefs.

With all that being said, I have enjoyed learning here and I do keep an open mind coming here. I think that helps getting to know others and their beliefs. Thanks for the thread and thoughts.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post: