Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Now, it's "beyond quotes"...

Actually, I think many tribal quotations (?) are often great and profound words of wisdom. For they represent truth, tradition, and great respect for all that lives... leaf or rock, the wind and the trees, the appreciation of beautiful sunsets, the streams/lakes, Moon & Stars, Mother Earth/Nature in all of her glory, beauty, and phases - and on and on and on...

Just out of curiosity now myself, I am looking forward to more than "simply posted quotes" coming from you. Actually, I should check in case you started your own thread... will do that now.
__

Nice thread start OP'er, Spirit Dancer. Thank you.

WILDCAT

Thank you Wildcat and welcome, it's ironic you should post the above here today. This morning ny eldest and I were discussing how my grandfather spoke more in quotes during our lessons and the lessons he taught my children. Way more was learned and by this I mean we were taught the origination of words and events not from books but through my grandfathers eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Got this as an email several years back, had it printed - and have it on my wall here:

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee man told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between the two wolves inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentement, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith".

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins"?

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed".
Thank you so much for sharing this quote and a reminder of an important lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I find this interesting. When I go ghost hunting or am in the presence of the paranormal, it is common to say this Navajo Prayer. It goes like this, " Peace before us, peace behind us, peace under our feet. Peace within us, peace over us, let all around us be peace." Then we say "The Lord's Prayer". Both are said today in Christain Churches.

Andrew

Andrew good to see you here. Thi statement is true, but which came first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I never heard the Dine people (what they call themselves among themselves) talk about peace............beauty yes.........

It figures the Christians would continue to bastardize Dine spiritual practices; they have been doing it in this country over 500 years.

Here is how the Dine say that prayer:

The Beauty Way is a Dine prayer

Always walk in Beauty ahead of me

Always walk in Beauty behind me

Always walk in Beauty above me

Always walk in Beauty below me

And All around me. Always walk in Beauty
Welcome Toughy and Thank you for sharing the Dine Prayer it's quite lovely.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: