Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #37
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Traditions vary

Andrew

I am not Native American in this life. I have learned various ceremonies from people I have met and/or loved in my lifetime. I have an eclectic believe system. I am Norweigan/Swedish mostly. These traditional belief systems have some things in common with the North American 'indigenous' people, such as respect for the balance in nature with oneself, use of herbs in healing ceremonies, use of 'sweats' to remove negative energy/illness and purification. Following moon phases (to my knowledge) for healing in not part any American native way but is Nordic. I do follow the medicine wheel in my daily life. I pray, meditate, and confer with my Ancestors. I use the Chinese belief of energy flow for maintaining health. I believe in the Great Spirit but I do not believe Spirit has a one sex, so I refer to IT. I have been fortunate to have been taught by Dine, Choctaw, Kickapoo, and White Mountain Apache persons about use to plants used for healing. I have never sought out healers. When it's time, they appear in my life. Before you use anything you might learn, you really need to understand the culture that uses it and why it is used.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post: