Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Texas high school shooting

By Brian Ries, Veronica Rocha and Meg Wagner, CNN

Updated less than 1 min ago 3:12 p.m. ET, May 18, 2018

>> What happened: Ten people were killed and 10 others wounded in a shooting Friday morning at a high school in the southeastern Texas city of Santa Fe.

>> The aftermath: Authorities later found explosive devices -- including pipe bombs and pressure cookers -- in and near the school, law enforcement officials said.

>> The suspect: Dimitrios Pagourtzis is suspected of conducting the shooting today at a Texas high school. He is in custody.

Texas mayor slams Congress: "Spare us your thoughts and prayers and do your job"

The Democratic mayor of Dallas has strong words in the wake of the shooting at a high school outside Houston.

In it, Mayor Mike Rawlings called on members of Congress to take “substantive action” to stop mass shootings and said “history will not look kindly upon those elected officials who failed to act in the face of repeated mass murders of our children.”

He added: “Spare us your thoughts and prayers and do your job.”

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/san...ing/index.html
I am sitting in my office eleven miles away from the school.

It has been interesting because i listen to the local top 40 station in my office and the morning show jocks sounded like they were getting radicalized live and on the air as events unfolded. "Something has to be done! This cannot go on!"

I was sitting here thinking "i wonder how Texas will react now that it is happening to US" and then i realized the Sutherland Springs Church shooting killed 26 people and only happened six months ago and i hadn't thought about it at all since that week.

There was a student they were interviewing on TV and her attitude was just like "well, it can happen anywhere" and she was grieving but she was not outraged or furious or indignant. That was hard to watch.

I was crying in the bathroom bc the staff member who brings me my mail every morning has kids at that school.

You always feel for the parents who have to wait in agony to hear if their kids are alive, but when it's someone you see every day going through it...