Old 05-21-2023, 06:15 AM   #1534
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi....

Been a while since I have posted and been in here. Reading and getting caught up with everyone brings back the memories of my beginnings of my journey.

The pressure in my head came and went and didn't pay much attention to it until it didn't go away. Older sister took me to the hospital had all the tests done. They said we will call you and sent me home. Of course it took forever for them to call. The call came and got my appointment to see the doctor. Not thinking it was anything more than a doctor visit. Time came for the appointment so got in the car and went to it like every appointment I ever had not thinking of the reason I was going. I went alone. Sitting in that room waiting for the Doctor. The silence was the loudest thing I ever heard. She came in and sat down beside me. We exchanged hello's and how are you feeling? Then she leaned slightly to me and opened the folder pointed at something and said you have cancer. I then asked now what do I do?

She explained the process. We talked a few more minutes then I left. I went out to my car and sat there a little bit then I called my friend 'T' and I told her and she cried with me sitting in the car on the phone still in the parking lot. Everyone knows the rest of the story.

Doing what I had to do everything going well. Months later CT scan shows a spot on my kidney. Got it back and treatments started. I had 3 treatments then few months later started treatments to keep that stuff away. Had to get a treatment every 8 weeks for 2 years. Been doing that and have 3 more left. I told the nurse that was hooking me up that the treatment doesn't hurt. It's the reason I am there. It hurts getting poked. I always ask them to tell me before they poke me. To me it's like I am at the top of the hill on a roller coaster ready to drop.

In the beginning family would go with me to my appointments see how things are going. I go to treatments myself come home. Make sure kitties have something to eat. I make a little snack for myself then take a nap to sleep the sleepy stuff off. A little girl sums it up real well. She said the worst thing about having cancer is knowing you have it.

Thank you all for reading my ramblings.

s