WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KnightsBlade~ View Post
It seems fitting that I found this thread today. After 46 years I am finally getting my prescription for T on Wed. Thanks to three wonderful women, my doctor, my therapist and WingsOnFire as well as many brothers on here I have the courage to face a fear. Giving myself shots. I had to laugh though when my therapist was reading the DSV-TR requirements for G.I.D. When she got to the requirement of presenting as a man she busted out laughing. The good laugh and I joined in with her. She wrote her first T letter for me and didn't even have to.

WingsOnFire has been nothing but loving and supportive and God forbid anyone give me crap for my decision around her.

My doctor is little bucket of energy and is almost as excited as I am. She even put little notes on my baseline tests.

I am so very proud of you and your progress in becoming the person you know you were meant to be. I am so very thankful for open minded people and doctors in Oregon. I fell in love with my doctor when I met her and I was so very proud that she was extremely willing to help you with your journey.

I know for myself when I began my journey into unchartered waters 5 years ago with my first FTM partner it was not easy. I overcame fears and stigmas that are attached by people who either refuse to understand or are afraid of what they dont understand. In searching out answers for my questions I have become a huge advocate of FTMs and MTFs alike. It is their journey and no one elses. So lets cheer them on instead of tearing them down.

I will stand up and cheer for you any day when it comes to your transition. When you psychiatrist, therapist and PCP all agree that this is the right thing for you then no one else should question or judge you for it. It is perfectly ok to have questions, to disagree, to not accept. It is not ok to put someone down because they dont understand or accept or agree.

I am honored to have helped you fight your battle and win.

WingsOnFire...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post: