Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I work in the Training and Development industry. I build courses on the internet and manage roughly a million electronic files created in Adobe Creative Suite by Product Developers.

My core skills are as a Production Artist and my forte is designing covers and inside pages of books. Though, it’s been years since I’ve been PA. Those are the skill that brought me into this company. Currently, I’m editing XML files to adjust hundreds of fields on the courses I build.

Some of my days are spent building courses, or I may have to change hundreds of trademarks (TM) to registration marks (®), or I may need to convert PMS colors to CMYK or RGB colors, or I may need to do a press check, or set up a document listing the specs for a die cut job, or recreate the live files when I only have a PDF.

One of the best things about my job is that it’s varied and I usually have short deadlines. Most of my teammates have deadlines that last 6 months to 2 years. My deadlines are usually from 2 hours to 3 months.

I have a lot of freedom and am given a lot of rope to either hang myself or to use it to get ahead. Seldom do I hang myself unless I allow my emotions to get the best of me. I see my manager once a week, if that, but often hear from her in email. We have a good working relationship.

I’m going to retire within the next 6 years. Sometimes I’m ready to retire tomorrow and other times I can see myself here for another 6 years. I’ve been here for almost 20 years, so what’s another 6?

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: