femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Flapper's Pie

This recipe is from my Irish/Canadian grandmother, who was born and raised on the Canadian prairies. This is AWESOME!!

Ingredients:

Crust:
• 1Ό cups graham crackers
• Ό cup melted butter
• ½ cup sugar
• dash of cinnamon
• (you can cheat and get a store made crust, but it WON’T BE AS GOOD!)

Filling:
• 2½ cups of milk
• ½ cup of white sugar
• Ό cup of cornstarch
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tsp vanilla
• pinch of salt
•
Meringue Topping:
• 3 egg whites
• Ό cup of sugar
• Ό tsp of cream of tartar

Instructions

1. Mix all the topping ingredients together, save about 2 (or more) tbsp to the side and press the rest into a 10 inch pie plate, in the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate.
2. Combine the filling ingredients together and cook on a medium heat until it boils and thickens, making sure to stir constantly! Set aside to cool while you make the meringue.
3. Beat the meringue ingredients together until they form stiff peaks.
4. Pour the filling into the crust and top with the meringue, making beautiful little spikes that will brown up all lovely on top!
Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on the top and slide into a 350 degree oven.
5. Bake until the meringue browns like below, around 10 minutes but watch it carefully!
6. Cool in the fridge and eat the same day. This is best made mere hours before serving. Don’t know how long it keeps, because we never had any left over! ☺

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post: