Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
You bring up a very good point about Long Distance Relationships. I really think that as you get older it is more difficult to pick up your life and move. I am amazed that you have done it so many times. Do you regret doing it? Sunny

I dont regret giving love a chance. I dont even regret the choices of partners ... they were all wonderful in their own ways. Unfortunately they were also not a good choice for me, each in their own way. My bad. No one twisted my arm. I stand accountable for my part in the decision to live together. I made my choices they made theirs and I am sorry for the upheaval OUR choices did to each other. I have found that two really good people can end up in really bad relationships if they arent the right people for each other. What complicates things, is when you move everything you own across states and after the break up you have to re-establish yourself somewhere else. I moved back home, to Ohio, and am purchasing a house so I am feeling rooted again, but for awhile, especially with my health issues, I felt like I wasn't really settled and secured.

I have nothing against LDRs. I would do one again with the right person. But there would be no instant Uhaul at either of our doors. The older I get the more I am willing to satisy my needs first. Call me selfish, if you will. But when its over, its me I always have to sleep with and face in the morning. And me who has to comfort myself over a broken heart. I will not settle for less than what I want and I will not give up what should not be asked to be given up.

I am 53. I have had the benefit of dating some remarkable people in my life. I have been loved well, and at times, badly. But to be honest, with those bad ones, I was just at fault and loved badly too. Another reason why I am unwilling to settle. I end up behaving like I dont want to and becoming someone I dont like.

In the midst of this post, I went outside and planted my peas, weeded out the brown stalks leftover from winter and set out new soil for a new spring. This is what I believe in. No matter how many winters I will see, I believe and count on spring to come. And that is about all I have to say about love....for now...lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: