Old 02-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #6775
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

I just want to put this out there......I know we have agreed to send $5 for the projects for return packages, but I know from first hand experience, sometimes these cost a bit more than that $5.

This last project came at a cost of $7.45 for my box...not sure what the ones out of country will cost...but I wonder if maybe we shouldn't revisit that fee..maybe a couple more $.....just a thought....don't shoot me please...
This is a good idea. The post office raised shipping rates on January 20th. The small 'if it fits, it ships' boxes used to be $5 and change. The one I sent out to Lyte was $7.20. That's for a small box.

Times are a'changin', folks. We need to keep current mailing costs in mind and choose a cost that's in line with what we are sending. Also, if we send something outside the size parameters, then we need to include enough additional money to account for having to send more expensive packages to all of the participants. Wranglers should not have to dip into personal funds to send stuff out to us. I've had to do it multiple times when enough money wasn't sent or when people never sent any money at all. It's frustrating and why I haven't pushed to wrangle a round lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
You know what we have to do again sometime soon? Matchboxes! OMG, those are always a big hit!

*Just thinking out loud*
Matchboxes were fun.

I received my package yesterday and was sooo happy. Everyone did exceptional work. I was very excited to dig into my package and see all the goodies sent.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: