View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

I too work in law enforcement, have for 5 years.

Let me first start by saying.....just because we put on a badge, does NOT make us perfect! Yes, we are held to a higher standard, looked upon as "perfection", but when I go home at night, take off my duty belt, and step out of my uniform, I am just like YOU! Human!

I agree, some officers cross the line. Sadly, they are the ones who get the media, the recognition, the generalization for the rest of us...bad. I am sure there are a LOT less articles, videos, etc of officers who do above and beyond our job each and every day. And what about those officers and their families who make the ultimate sacrifice and are killed while protecting and serving??

As Bard pointed out, several videos show only the footage they Want you to see. Do you know what happened Before the camera "turned on"? Do you know the stress? Do you know if that officers life was endangered??

I would welcome Anyone to attend some of our training sessions. Learn the Use of Force continum that we model after. Be put into the dangers of the job daily..and Then pass judgement. Yes we are trained, we are suppose to live to a higher standard, but no amount of training will "take over" natural instincts when your life is being threatened.

As for Taser..when it is used properly, it is, in my opinion, one of the best defenses we have on the market. In our department, we are required to be tased in order to carry. Yes, I was tased! I carry it! I use it! It has saved my ass several times! I encourage you to look at all the continuing research that Taser has posted on their site..www.taser.com.

I am sure if you asked my partner or Bard's, they would tell you what it is like each and everyday to kiss us good bye, and know that there is a chance we won't come back home.

Again, I by all means am NOT condoning the actions of theses officers, but I'm giving u the perspective of an officer.