Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

This Sunday's found treasure is a dresser from the 30's, with lovely graceful lines and even a frame thingy to hold a mirror. Sorry, can't remember what the proper name for the frame thingy. Surfice it to say, I'm all excited about my new find. It's covered in tacky badly applied crackly paint, and I do mean badly applied. Under the white paint is a flat nasty shade of what looks like should have been teal but isn't.

So anyhoo, it's made of cherry wood..... ya how fabulous is THAT????!!!

So tomorrow I will commence to stripping and sanding down the crap on the surface. This afternoon I finally got brave and cut a hole in the solid wood door the roomie was tossing... bad roomie, solid wood, wth??

It has three square panels down the middle, so I cut out the one panel on one end, that's for the sink. Did not do my usual anal retentive detail work so it DOES NOT look the way I wanted it to look. BUT, being the creative genius I am, it will not deter me from having a Bohemian Kitchen. So there. The other panel on the opposite end will house the 2 burner stove top. Am so excited to finally see my Grace shaping up into a REAL FEMME CAVE on wheels. So any hoo, I've been busy scheming on how to get other things done. I started out with a beach theme but now its looking on the wild side,... Granny on LSD.

Saw some great Mermaid paintings at the Harbor Walk Art and Craft show. AND a Fabulous Mermaid painted on the side of a huge craft of some sort in the Harbor. She was beautiful!!

So now I'm inspired to do something fabulous on Grace's huge 38 ft length. Got my Elmer's Glue so I can papermache my Barbie collection into mermaids to hang in the windows and on the mirrors. Having more fun than people. Wish I had some Femme friends to hang with and make goodies. *big sigh

Well, any hoo, have jabbered enough about my lastest adventure, what's yours??

Would love to hear about it all.... toodles!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: