betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
When I hop back on low carbs, I always have headaches the first 3-4 days. I find that increasing my water intake seems to help ramp them down.

I still consume vast amount of coffee (usually accompanied by nicotine) and don't likely see that changing.

Best of luck to you. You might want to try an OTC pain med taken with a full glass of water and backed with a cup of coffee. The caffiene seems to "jump start" the meds for me (or I just use Execdrine Migraine which has caffiene in it).
Thanks, Christie

So I found out that the headaches were TOTALLY sugar withdrawl. I ate two Kiwi shortly after posting last night and the headache went away.

Mind you, it came back at 4am.

I'm surprised that I'm having so much difficulty with this, to be honest. I have never been much of a starch eater to begin with (I don't eat pasta because it gives me a stomache ache, I hate potato, I don't keep bread in the house, and I only ate rice once a week). I guess between the energy drinks, and the fruit (I always ate a LOT of fruit) there was a lot of sugar going into my body.

Mmmm, fruit.