Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation
Default great thread, thank you!

Mary and Max

"Mary Dinkle, a chubby 8-year-old Australian girl, and Max Horovitz, an obese, middle-aged New Yorker with Asperger's syndrome, are a pair of unlikely pen pals in this quirky clay animation feature from writer-director Adam Elliot. Corresponding for two decades, the friends delve into a variety of topics, including sex, kleptomania, psychiatry, taxidermy and more. Toni Collette and Philip Seymour Hoffman provide the voices of Mary and Max."

My comments: Incredibly sweet (and substantial) animated film.

MI-5 Vol. 1-4

"BBC television series following the personal and political dynamics facing so-called "spooks," the agents who deal in information and secrecy for Britain's MI-5. Because life as an employee of a counterintelligence agency is anything but typical, any given day can involve life-threatening situations, hurry-up-and-wait scenarios -- and moments when the fate of the world hangs in the balance."

My comments: Gripping suspenseful television series with high production values. Wayyyy better than '24' in my opinion. I was totally addicted. Warning: they are many scenes of violence.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

"Journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) and rebellious computer hacker Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) team up to investigate the unsolved disappearance of wealthy Henrik Vanger's (Sven-Bertil Taube) teen niece (Ewa Fröling), only to uncover dark secrets about Vanger's powerful family. Niels Arden Oplev directs this Swedish thriller based on the first novel from Stieg Larsson's best-selling trilogy."

My comments: Read the books first, if you are even so slightly inclined - they are *amazing*. This film adaptation is very good. Watch it before the likely-to-be-horrid American version is released.
Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparkle For This Useful Post: