Old 03-31-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Human Brain – Part 2

All human beings share the same characteristics. Everyone experiences fear, everyone experiences anger, joy, sadness. Loneliness, anxiety, hatred, rage, etc. are all part and parcel of the human brain’s experience – whether some have more or less of any such characteristics. All of the above are what define the human brain. No matter who one is, young or old, rich or poor, these characteristics define one’s humanity. Now, one can look around at the people you know or have met and see that there are many characteristics that differentiate one from another, which some would call the diversity which separates one from another. I am not talking of biological differences, such as height, or skin colour, or gender, etc., but of apparent psychological differences. You can easily see that X may be inattentive, Y may be vain, Z may be aggressive, A may be a liar, B may be a hypocrite, C may be analytical, or cold, or vindictive, D may be eccentric or unpredictable, and E may be arrogant, and F may be romantic or dreamy, G might be selfish, H might be greedy for money or information/knowledge and so on, or cruel, or whatever it is. And, most people have several of these characteristics. So, any number of these might apply in any combination to the people you know. The thing is to see that within you, “the seeing” of these characteristics within (as contrasted with “I” seeing – which will be further developed in later posts), that you may share some or these characteristics. It would not have to be exact, but to just get a sense of the similarity of some of them. It may be that you have less or more, but at least you can see (at least intellectually, partially), that these characteristics run throughout humanity.

[Please understand that labels are not characteristics that define humanity. Thus whatever labels that a person identifies with actually block a person's ability to know who they are. Also, understand that a label is usually something that someone else sticks on others, whatever label that exists, whether some organized group applies to itself or to others. So, the terms "Christian", "Muslim", "white supremacist", national and regional labels, and all the labels that come out of the organized religion of psychology which have found their way into the mindset of millions, and so on.]

Now, when you can sit quietly and see the truth of the above, the whole truth of the above... to see it at a glance within, as it were... the seeing of “what is” true, there will be an explosion inside, a release of trapped energy. This energy will course its way through every cell of your body, and heal any damaged DNA (mitochondrial DNA) that has lived under the illusion that “the other” is separate. These damaged cells will be healed, will be made whole as pertains to this particular insight. After which, there will be a “transformation” at the root, and one will never be able to cause damage or be abusive to another human being, because that would be like harming yourself. You see, when a person kills another person, they are killing themselves. (A word about abuse, for example: if you google “lying”, you will see that it rates no. 1 for every kind of abuse, whether physical, psychological, intellectual, emotional, etc. So when you “lie” to “the other”, you are actually lying to yourself, and harming yourself.)

So, when one has had this full insight, it is known as vipassana, and also known as “I am that”. Now, artists have been known to have some glimpse of truth, which when expressed lead them to fame, etc. But such a partial insight will not initiate the freeing of trapped energy, and while they may become famous for their art, their personal lives may very well be a mess, as there is no radical transformation in their psyche. Having said this, one hopes that at least some of you who read this may have a deeper understanding, at least an intellectual insight (although such an insight is still just partial in itself) into what this aspect of meditation can yield. Of course, meditation covers a broad range of subjects which I will discuss in later posts.

Insofar as I am concerned, I feel very strongly that without such a radical change at the root of one’s psyche, the movement of history will continue to run its course, its downward spiral. It is only this change, this particular transformation, that can affect those around you, because when you change, you cause a change in the human brain. Like a stone thrown in a lake, it causes ripples in the lake, and it affects others. No amount of words, actions, or energy expended in trying to change “what is” happening around us can wholly alter the course of events that are presently playing out around us; it is only when a person changes themselves that events outside of you will move in a new direction. Otherwise and unless there is a radical transformation of the psyche, events playing out can only be considered to be what is known as a “modified continuity”.

So, after having had such an insight, one has the sense of “I am you” as a new way of seeing and living in this world. It is not that Charley is X, Y or Z, but that there is a sense of ‘I am the “youness” of “the other”.’

Having had such an insight, one would not be likely to join any cult and would immediately see cabals such as practiced by Trump, Stone, Barr & Co. as pernicious entities, because they separate and divide humanity into “us and them”; and, because they separate and divide humans, they always cause conflict. During the past century, one could easily see as well that there has been a growing global tendency for people to separate themselves into smaller little gangs; there is the significant rise of the white supremacist movement (white nationalism), and a sad escalation in these incredible divisions, with their resultant conflict and violence. As I see it, there has been an incredible degeneration and deterioration in the human brain, which is almost contagious... like some virus which seems to infect so many people globally.

For example, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is part of this trend, initiated by the British prior to Israel’s independence by the Brits’ insistence on taking a census of people in that area - differentiating for the first time a separation of people in that area into Jews and Arabs, while previously and for 100s of years prior to this moment, these peoples had lived relatively peaceably without making much ado about their backgrounds. This turning point has marked a rather ugly descent there into the unbridled conflict which continues to this day.

Please note that the expression which I used above, “what is”, is central to many Eastern ideas, because it opens a door to truth, and therefore wholeness.

It would be wonderful if you, the reader, could see this, even intellectually (in other words, partially).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: