Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default 2.5 weeks left...and additional grace week....:)

ZENTANGLES....

What is Zentangle?

Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being.

Let's Draw - 001: How to Draw Zentangles (Doodle Art) - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ske2jBRBEB8

Parameters:

• Can be any of OR a combination of these 3 sizes....

a. twinchie.....2"x2"

b. trinchie.....a ROUND shape BUT must measure 2" in diameter... I "made" this one up as a one inch just doesn't seem big enough...)

c. ATC......2.5" x 3.5"

The project foundation needs to be done on a sturdy kind of paper OR board OR a zentangle tile ( I just found out they have these at Michael's...thanks, Gemme!)...IE...cardstock.

***** IF you use a heavier foundation, please be sure to consider sending extra fees for return postage for finished projects back to others.
You have creative freedom to choose to do COLOR OR B&W...or a mix & match of both.

It is probably best if we use a very fine felt marker or an extra sharp colored pencil, so as there are sharp, crisp lines...

You may have the creative freedom to add some kind of symbol in your Zentangle IF YOU WISH. IE: a sun, an animal, or a tree

You can chose to make an assortment of sizes, still only ONE per person UNLESS you choose to do more... For example, we have say 10 sign up, I may choose to make 3 of option a., 3 of option b, and 3 of option c....

Have fun, be creative, go outside the box.....

• Sign up starts at 9:00 PM Eastern time 03/09/19 (Saturday) and closes at 9:00 PM Eastern on 03/16/19 (Saturday) SIGNUPS NOW CLOSED!

Gives us SIX weeks to get them done & in by!

Project participant limit of 10, please!! Thanks!

Projects are due back by 04/21/19 and are officially late if not received by 04/28/19. I will mail them back out within a couple or 3 days after final deadline...

• You must make one Zentangle for each participant.

• On the back of your project please list these things: Project Name, your name, and WHOM it is for UNLESS you want wrangler to assign them.

• Projects are due to me by April 21st. . You have a week grace period but after that, (April 28) your project will become shredded fodder and you don't get your package of projects that others made you. You also won't be able to participate again for 6 months.

• Include $7 for the wrangler with your project.
• Please, no glitter that is not sealed.

~ Please, nothing from a smoking home, as several are sensitive to smoke! Thank you!

1. clay (wrangler)

2. nanners

3. GeorgiaMa'am

4. GEMME!!!

5. nycfem/Jennifer

6. CCB..........RECEIVED

7. Bèsame*

RULES AS AGREED UPON TO BE ADDED AT THE END OF EACH PROJECT:
"For 2019, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018 & 2019. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2019. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/19, able to participate 7/28/19)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/19, able to participate 8/21/19)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

Please if you are currently timed out put yourself on the list and the dates of your time out because I am not responsible for doing that.