Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I am strongly against Sanders or Biden as Presidential candidates or as running mates. I'm against them for the same reason I would be against Hillary if she threw her hat in the ring today. They are all too darned old!

Bernie Sanders is 77 years old now. He would be 79 in 2020 and 83 by the end of a four year term. If he were to win a second term he would be 87 years old. Biden is just one year younger. Ronald Reagan was clearly experiencing dementia in his second term. He was nearly 70 when he was sworn in, which is 10 years younger than Sanders would be. The risk of dementia and disease is only part of it. The job of U.S. President calls for someone more vigorous and energetic than an 80 year old can possibly be. No insults intended, but I am not supportive of someone who I'm convinced couldn't sustain the energy needed for this job.

Apparently, this is a popular subject. I googled Biden's and Sanders' age just to be sure, and 'age' was the second and third suggested google search for each of them respectively.
Maybe you don't really figure out who you really are or what you believe in until you are in your 90s. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass.

Dance Bernie, dance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: