How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I’m really confused. This thread is called “in celebration of butch femininity” and the OP asks about “how certain "feminine" traits they possess or express somehow exclude them or distance them from butchness. She asked if you experience gender pressure from other butches or masculine people to amp up your masculinity or tone down your femininity in order to *qualify* as butch? Have you ever found yourself exerting gender pressure on self-identified butches? If you are not butch, have you ever found yourself pressuring butches to behave, dress, etc in more masculine ways than is natural?“

How did this become about lesbians? How do lesbians pressure butches to be more masculine? I’m not saying lesbian should be a sacred cow or anything, but it feels more like they are scapegoats, I just don’t get how a conversation about lesbians fits in this thread. I certainly have never been pressured by lesbians to be more masculine. And this thread isn’t about the different ways that different types of people have pressured people in general. I’m sure I could come up with a list of people who have tried to pressure me into being other than I am but it would have nothing to do with butchness or this thread. Maybe I’m missing something so could somebody explain to me how lesbians pressure butches to be more masculine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I love the fact that Dreamer has feminine energy wrapped up inside that Masculine energy. Though, I do believe I am the one privy to seeing it. I feel blessed to see that side of hym. I am not so sure hy would be so open here to share it. Lots of judgment around these parts and honestly... I find the judgment deeper with the Lesbian butches than I do with the butches or trans folk who are more like Dreamer. (hope that made sense). Maybe some folk just aren't secure with themselves so much that they have to pound their chests.

I’m trying to figure out what is meant here. Would Dreamer find it difficult to share hys feminine side here because there is lots of judgment from lesbians, lesbian butches and female identified butches to be more masculine? Is that your experience? And judgment comes from female identified butches who are not secure in their masculinity so they have to pound their chests?

I know in my experience it is the more masculine identified people and those who love them that judge femininity in butches harshly. i have felt pressure from partners but nothing like the judgment i feel from male identified people. It just means more to me from partners. And I have never been pressured to be more masculine from lesbians or lesbian butches.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: