Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my weight has yo yo'd up and down over my life. In my 30s I had gone on an exercise kick and dropped several dress sizes. I was at a professional meeting one day and someone was talking to me when she suddenly realized she recognized me and blurted out "oh my god, you use to be really fat!". Oddly, I hadnt realized I had been "really fat" until she said that. And wondered how skewed my self perception was at that moment too. I acquired body dysmorphic disorder. I would look at myself and sometimes see someone overweight, and at other times, normal weight. I didnt trust either. I couldnt tell who I was.

I still have that at times, but now its no big deal. Its like a light switch that comes on...I simply just switch it off now. I shrug and say "what difference does it make?" and move past it. My body is accepted as is...no matter what size. Or anyone's reaction.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: