lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Default buying cologne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
I am looking for a new cologne or two. The ex was sensitive to smells so I gave all of my stuff away and really have no idea now what to get. It can definitely be a little overwhelming, not only with the choices but also because smelling a few of them can give you a headache!

So I really can't answer your question.. at least not yet anyway. I'll have to read through here and get some ideas for myself.

Hey Sleepy, listen up otherwise I'll have to borrow Kitty4U's 4x2 ... unless of course you already know this ...

First off, do you remember your old cologne's, the one's you SUPER loved? Like, they made you feel like a studmuffin. If they did and the grrlies appreciated them (turning around for a second look is a good indication) just buy it again. But, if it was a while ago, maybe your body chemistry has changed since you wore it and perhaps it no longer suits you (I don't know if our body chemistry changes with time or not). Otherwise if you're going cologne hunting, make sure you're not already wearing any. For goodness sake, don't let the sales assistant wave a bit of cardboard in the air. Cardboard - skin NOT the same. Don't try more than three at a time. Smell them when they first go on your skin. Smell them again in about 10-15 mins then again about an hour later. Take a mate with you to give you a sniff

Take your time choosing because cologne and perfume is so personal. Oh, one last instruction. For goodness sake don't touch it with your fingertips! (You know I'm talking about cologne right?). The acid in your fingertips damages/changes the chemical reaction in the cologne.

Oh yeah, one more last last thing - try and talk to an experienced sales assistant or even someone who owns a perfume shop not someone more interested in their phone.

That's my one Ringgit's worth.

Oh yeah, don't be afraid to check out older colognes. And if you buy Habit Rouge I'll be buying a plane ticket to come over and rip your clothes off before you can say ...

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post: