Old 11-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #1821
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I added a little something to their breakfast wet food. Loki inhaled it and Gracie seems to like it well enough. She's never been as food focused as Loki anyway so her not turning her nose up at it is good enough feedback.

It's Dr. Marty's freeze dried raw food. This stuff is mega expensive so I never intended to fully switch them over but I did want to use it to supplement their diet since I feel there's no mass produced canned food that takes all their dietary needs into consideration.

It's also supposed to help with shedding and gastrointestinal issues. Over time, I might actually start adding some fresh components to their diet as well. The idea of dicing chicken hearts and gizzards isn't my cup of tea but I want them to have a balanced diet and get all of their required nutrients. Feeding obligate carnivores is harder than it used to be.

They are restricted to dry food that is designed for urinary tract health because they eat out of one another's bowls and I leave food out for them overnight and during the day so they both wind up eating it even though Gracie doesn't need it.

The wet food is where I'm able to tweak and specialize each of their formulas because I feed them that in separate rooms with the door closed to give Gracie as long as she needs to finish. Loki was intimating her until she moved away and he'd finish her wet food too so I had to put a stop to that.

Right now, they are enjoying a late morning siesta. Gracie is on the back of the sofa and Loki is at the top of his cat tree. Fun fact: now that he's shaved, there's less bulk and when he curls up tight, he blends into the beige of the tree so I have to look extra hard for him. Also, he is the cutest snorer ever. He sounds like a little old man.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: