View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Twenty years ago when my son was still an infant, I took the level one Reiki training. I felt miraculously awakened but I was also given the vision to see a vast darkness which existed inside of and around me. So like a good sojourner I put aside everything else and set out to heal that darkness. Lucky for me I could not see the struggles that were in store or that it would be a 15-yr sidetrack. I might have flagged in my resolve.

I never lost touch with the knowing that I was meant to be a healer but it became a faint and distant glimmer of a memory while I was caught in a maelstrom. I don’t know why I wasn’t able to utilize Reiki while I allowed myself to suffer. But now I have had the experience of suffering in some of the most dismal, human ways; and the experience of clawing my way out by every messy, imperfect, human means possible. And I am so much better for it. Now.

So here I am, finally on the other side, all of these years later. I found Reiki again, or it found me. A friend sent me to see a shamanic healer, the first time I had ventured such an experience. The experience I had was profound. I was reawakened. It also happened that this Shaman is a Reiki Master/Teacher and so I became involved in her trainings. I live by limited means and she has always offered generous sliding scale and payment plans. She wants it to be accessible to everyone and that is something I feel passionate about, having often felt that access to natural therapeutics was denied me. I move forward in my own practice with the same intent. Healing for all.

I am now a Level II practioner. I retook Level I even though it wasn’t technically necessary. I eventually plan to do the master level training but am content to work with what I’ve got for some time. Level II opens up so many new horizons. So much to work with, practice, experience, and build upon. At the same time, I have been invited to join the training program of another amazing multi-disciplinary healer. My experience with Reiki is a perfect complement as this new modality incorporates energy work as well. It’s very exciting!

I am now practicing full Reiki sessions on a regular basis, as encouraged by my mentors. I am experiencing such a miraculous opening up and it is such a joy to share what I am learning with others, to help them activate their own healing. And it is wonderful to see so many people here, open to the flow.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post: