View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #14
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Aaaand caught up. Episode five, Rent finished.

Here are my topics/comments.

In the first episode, you see Jamie's ghost in Inverness 1948 during the storm. I've Googled this a lot. And there are so many theories but Diana Gabaldon, the author, says she will explain it in the last book but confirms it is Jamie's ghost. Hmmmmmm

Don't you love the Craigh na Dun druid dance? It's so beautifully filmed.

And while I'm at it, don't you love Rupert and Angus? hehe All of the characters are so rich and colorful. Collum, Dougal, Geillis, Mrs. Fitz et al And, Diana Gabaldon actually has a cameo appearance in the Gathering episode. She's the dark haired woman on the balcony that Mrs. Fitz comments how well she wore the same dress at the last Gathering lolol throwing shade in 1748.

I never get tired of the Scottish Highlands landscape, accents, period costumes, Gaelic words and notions, superstitions, etc. For over the top fans {not me!} there is an Outlander store online: https://www.outlanderstore.com with lots of fun stuff. Oh and did you recognize Castle Leoch? It's the same castle {Doune Castle} used in Game of Thrones. I haven't seen that one but I recognized it from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.