Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcali View Post
I have Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer and am currently under the care of hospice. I have found this to be a seriously bizarre journey. What I have found most bizarre is that people already have me dead. They will ask Mike how I am doing but they don't ask me. There were only 2 people that would call and check in on me when I was going through chemo the rest got angry because apparently I wasn't communicating enough. The whole journey is just weird. I find it really odd that they got angry with me when I was undergoing chemo treatment and I couldn't put 2 words together let alone type. Yet they were angry with me for not communicating. Ummmm...hello.....you try having every cell in your body killed off, drugs shoved into your body, swell up like a balloon and then then try to act as if everything is just fine. LOL It ain't gonna happen.

The whole thing is just bizarre.

sweetcali

Sweet Cali
I highlighted in red, exactly what we are going through, My heart goes out to you and all the others who are suffering and fighting this battle. At times it seems as if the loved one and caregiver are fighting alone. Its tough when your friends cannot fathom how very taxing Chemo and Steroids are on you.
It takes only a minute to phone and say I thought of you today.
So today I want you to know I thought of you and the others who grace this thread and silently said a prayer.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: