Old 10-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #21247
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Scheer

Scheer, the Conservative leader, (who also holds dual Canadian-American citizenship), is a devout catholic, and was asked if he was a member of Opus Dei, the right-wing branch of the catholic church. He refused to answer, and talked about how he respected all religious groups... Back in 2005, Scheer spoke against gay marriage! (grumbles slightly towards Scheer) Well, a Canadian humorist from the comedy show "22 minutes", asked him: "Will you do the right thing?" ... i.e. for Canada... "Will you renounce your Canadian citizenship?” I smiled

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tw...94121966477313

Am presently watching a lot of CBC news 'cause of the upcoming election here in Canada; our official English-language debate happens today. In a way, it's a break from all the corruption news going on south of the border.

Acquaintances are voting for the Green Party. Unlike the States, we have quite a few parties in this election, the major being: Liberal (similar to Dems in the States - led by Trudeau), Conservatives (similar to the Republicans), NDP (social democracy - if Sanders was Canadian, he would most likely be PM of Canada from that party), Green Party, Bloc Québécois, People's Party of Canada. All the leaders of these parties will be in the debate).

I wish I was 50 years younger and could participate in the Extinction Rebellion protests going on across Canada today. Oh, well, smiling at the youthful energy of those protesters, while I am stuck inside recuperating from the flu.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: