The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
So the EKOS polls say, though some others say differently. Also, even pollsters have gone over the real problems with poll accuracy. They only poll people via landlines and only 1,000 or so at a time...so likely completely leaving out many demographics including youth and students. Only 15% of respondants actually agree to answer these things anyways. We won't know what's going on until May 2nd. That said, an NDP surge is better than a Conservative surge so it doesn't worry me too much. I just don't trust Layton that much, but I trust Harper 100 times less, lol.

I dunno, I'm kind of against polls in the elections cause I worry that they suppress votes by making people think their vote won't make a difference anyways. Then again, already they said the advance polls attracted far more than in the last few elections, so that's good news.
Yes but Canada has far less polling than the US when it comes to elections and, IIRC, Elections Canada puts a limit on when the polls can be asked near an election (I think they can't ask within a 24-48 hour period before the election or something like that)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote