Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
Hello, my lovelies...
In my experience, I have found that if I want to get a romance going, I generally have to initiate. I have to be the first person to introduce myself, ask for contact information, express romantic interest, etc.

Do most of you find yourselves initiating romances?

In my experience, I think out in the 'real world' this is entirely true that most butches or butch appearing/more masculine presenting lesbian/dyke women may not really have much of a clue especially if you are very feminine and straight looking as I am.

The invisibility cloak as I call it is pretty hard to see through sometimes and I have had butches (usually younger ones especially) tell me as much.

In answer to your question introverted1, YES...I have often had to at least initiate conversation whether it was for friendship interest or more which is not always easy for me because I personally identify as more OFOS but am certainly not rigid on that obviously if I am initiating a convo.

However...I am not shy to say Hi and make new friends and the butches that I have initiated convo with have seem to have been pleasantly surprised or even shocked...LOL. It's so awesome when you catch them off guard and surprise the shit out of them...heehee! It also validates THEM and makes them feel good I think because I SEE them even if they couldn't SEE me!

For me when they realise that I have no personal agenda and I am not a stalker and genuinely just want to make a new friend, it works well. Rarely does it ever turn into mor, but friends first and if I want to chat I jump right in and say Hey!