View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #36
GretaGable

How Do You Identify?:
Xena femme
Relationship Status:
Single

GretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST ReputationGretaGable Has the BEST Reputation

Some of my faves:

1. Desert Hearts--I think it's just one of the most beautiful love stories ever made. I showed it to an ex-girlfriend and she thought it was very sexy--and she royally cracked up when Vivian said, "I'm not taking my bathrobe off." (Yeah, we all know how long that lasted)

2. Saving Face--Adorable story of Asian lesbians.

3. But I'm a Cheerleader--Adorable and wryly humorous at the same time. True story: In college I worked at a video store that rented this title; a lady brought it back demanding a refund because, in her words, "I thought it was about cheerleading, not lesbians!"

4. Cynara--A lot of lesbians hate this, but I love Victorian films and culture and I loved the words and imagery presented in this very unique film.

5. When Night is Falling--Beautiful, sexy and very arty.

One I hated:

1. The Killing of Sister George: This perpetually drunk older actress loses her job on a TV show, as well as her hot but really cray cray girlfriend, who carries a doll around with her and talks to it a lot. Yeah, I've heard that this film was one of the earliest depictions of lesbian life; but groundbreaking doesn't equal remotely enjoyable. It gave me nightmares, I hated it.
GretaGable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GretaGable For This Useful Post: