Uli

How Do You Identify?:
fat girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married!

Tournaments Won: 1

Uli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I have always been super anti.As I have gotten older I have made myself let go of some of the anger because it was eating me up.
I have never been fully anti or pro - it's always been complicated to me. There are things in my specific story that I have been angry about and there are things about the adoption system that I remain angry about. To this day, the adoption process does not center the needs of children. The science showing the trauma that happens to babies who are deprived access to their mother has been clear for DECADES, and it is still taboo to talk about adoption as anything other than a super happy, joyous occassion. Birth mothers are brave and selfless, adoptive parents are heroes, and adoptees should feel lucky is still the prevailing narrative and I will remain angry about that until it changes. Adoption is trauma, grief, and loss for adoptees. Trauma, grief, and loss *can* be processed and lead to strength, resiliance, etc. There *can* be a happy ending. But, not if we keep pretending that the trauma, grief, and loss aren't real.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Uli For This Useful Post: