View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #3742
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Nervously watched the high wind and rain whip around the tree canopy a few yards from my windows — the squirrel nest hung in there!

Looked online for bird boxes and read about them — the kind you put out in the winter not for nesting but for roosting in cold weather.

A bunch of birds at one time, even different species, will sit on the little ladder inside.

The entrance hole is at the bottom of the front panel, so their body heat will rise and stay inside.

In the spring, you switch the front panel so the hole is at the top, letting the hot air out, and they use it for nesting. When I order one, I'll affix it somehow to the wall of the balcony.

Everything else I did today pales next to my self-tutorial on bird boxes and storm watching.

Hi, Someone asked me for the link to my research. It was just Amazon. If you search for "bird roost box," all this stuff will come up and you can web-hop around the different makers. Good luck bird lovers! Ginger