Old 07-19-2020, 04:14 PM   #884
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
The Trust on Netflix with Nicholas Cage and Elijah Wood. It’s about two cops, one who’s optimistic and the other not so much, who pull a heist.

Cage has become a caricature, IMHO, but it works in this film. Wood kept me interested but he’s an actor I don’t know well.

Nothing to write home about, but worth the time if you don[t have anything else to do.
I can't help it; I like Cage. Is he a great actor? No way, but I like the type of movies in which he excels (Gone in 60 Seconds, Con Air, Guarding Tess, Ghost Rider, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, etc). They are like cotton candy for my brain. No thinking allowed!

Elijah has done a lot. He's been in music videos from Paula Abdul to The Beastie Boys, plus TV and of course, the Lord of the Rings series. I think that's where most people know him. I liked him as Mumble in Happy Feet and in Cooties.

I've dipped my toes in a lot of Netflix ponds lately. I watched Cursed and it was okay but not super great. I've watched some movies but seem to find the ones that were made elsewhere and have English dubs so the words I hear don't match the movements of the actors' mouths nor the actual English subtitles so that's distracting. I finished a one season series called Flinch, which was kind of awesome if you are feeling a bit mean spirited and like to see people scream and be freaked out for no particularly good reason. I watched a couple episodes of The Chase but can't stand the "Beast". I watched all 4 seasons of the Beauty and the Beast remake. It was good for a bit and then became repetitive, which is why they went from 22 episodes a season down to 13, I suppose. Plus, I kept wanting them to even out the lead actor's facial hair. Also distracting.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: